FAQs: Veterinary Clinic
- Is the Becker College Veterinary Clinic open to the public for medical services?
The clinic examines and treats pets from surrounding communities in central Massachusetts. Routine veterinary services, including minor surgery and dental prophylaxis, are performed regularly. Grooming services are also available. Appointments may be scheduled by calling 774.354.0660.
- Is the Becker College Veterinary Clinic open throughout the year?
Yes the clinic is open year round. The clinic is open limited hours during the winter and summer academic breaks. The clinic is closed all other academic breaks and holidays including Thanksgiving break, Christmas break and spring break.
- Where would my pets receive care when the Becker College Veterinary Clinic is closed?
In the event of an emergency during times of closure, we refer clients to a number of veterinary clinics and 24-hour facilities.
- Is the Becker College Veterinary Clinic an emergency hospital?
The clinic is not an urgent care/emergency facility. Clients are referred to other facilities for emergency care. Tufts University in Grafton, Mass. has an emergency hospital open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and can be reached by calling 508-887-4623.
- What type of animals does the Becker College Veterinary Clinic service?
The clinic treats dogs, cats, ferrets, rabbits, and pocket pets (hamsters, gerbils, mice, rats, guinea pigs), as well as provides routine bird care, such as wing/beak trims.
- Will students participate in the care of my pet?
The clinic is a teaching facility that affords students in the Becker College animal studies programs the opportunity to participate in all aspects of the care provided to clients’ pets.
- Do students perform surgery on my pet?
Surgery is performed by licensed doctors of veterinary medicine. Veterinary doctors are assisted by students trained and supervised by certified staff veterinary technicians.
- How do we know if the clinic is going to be closed in severe weather?
The clinic will be closed whenever Becker College cancels classes for severe weather. During academic breaks severe weather closures will be at our discretion. Please call ahead before assuming we are open in severe weather.